I have not eaten healthy in a while so I decided to make the healthiest pasta I have ever seen. It's filled with all kind of vegetables like zucchinis and asparagus. Please let me know what you think of the recipe and if you made it in the comments.
2 small zucchinis, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper
Dried thyme1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
Cayenne pepper to taste
Black pepper to taste
Cajun seasoning (eg. slap ya mama) to taste
1/2 cup grated pecorino romano or parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
9 ounces fresh linguine
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, toss the zucchini and asparagus with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Heat the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion; cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 more seconds.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the tomatoes, add the cayenne, black pepper and Cajun seasoning and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Meanwhile, add the linguine to the boiling water and cook as the label directs. Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the sauce.
- Add the roasted vegetables, toss to combine, then stir in the basil.
- Divide among bowls and top with more cheese